Tamper Resistant Receptacles (TRRs) are an important safety feature for any home or business. These specially designed receptacles are built to protect children from electric shocks and burns by preventing them from sticking objects, such as keys and paperclips, into the slots. According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), each year, approximately 7 children a day suffer severe shock and burns when they stick items into the slots of electrical receptacles.
In this blog, you will learn how TRSS can help you prevent shocks and burns. Let’s get reading!
How TRRs Work To Prevent Shocks And Burns?
TRRs are safety features that prevent children from inserting objects into the slots; this is done by having two interconnected shutters within each slot, requiring simultaneous pressure to open. If only one of the shutters is activated, the other remains closed, preventing access to the contacts beneath.
TRRs can help you prevent shocks and burns in the following ways:
- Providing a safe environment for children is the most effective way to ensure electrical receptacles do not cause harm. TRRs are required by the National Electrical Code (NEC) in homes built since 2008. Even if your home was built before, you might still want to consider installing TRRs for added protection.
- TRSs can also be used in businesses, such as restaurants and hotels, where extra care must be taken to protect guests from electrical shock or burns.
- TRRs can reduce insurance and liability costs associated with accidents caused by current leakage or shock in your building or place of work.
TRRs are an effective safety measure that should be considered when preventing shocks and burns. If you’re looking for professional help installing TRRs in your home or business, contact a qualified electric contractor or electrician in Lebanon, OR, today.
Why Should You Hire An Electrical Contractor In Lebanon, OR to Install Tamper Resistant Receptacles?
While installing TRRs is relatively easy, you should always hire a qualified electrical contractor to ensure the job gets done safely and correctly. We understand you might feel a little overwhelmed with electrical work, and you want to ensure you choose the right person for the job.
To get electrical expertise, you can:
- Go to our website and complete a form
- Receive a call from our experts
- Have peace of mind with your TRRs
At Hill Electrical Construction; we’re dedicated to helping our customers secure their projects get done safely and by all NEC codes. Our goal is to help you obtain safe solutions for your residential needs. Forget about being concerned about shocks and burns with the help of our team. Get the proper assistance with our electrician in Lebanon, OR.